Friday 26 April 2013

We are Blessed!!!!!


   TGIF readers! I was TKO yesterday! ME+fever=  1 big baby! Anyways, it has been since Monday that I have been searching for Friday and I have finally found it! I am glad!
  "To be blessed" means 'to be favoured by God'. Blessings therefore are directly associated with God and come from God. Thus to express a blessing is like bestowing a wish on someone that they will experience the favor of God", Wikipedia.
  It is very easy to be consumed by negativity. For example, being frustrated while stuck in traffic, or cursing because you spill your coffee on your new shirt, or feeling anxious and stressed because you are running late, getting mad about something meaningless, etc.  It is much easier to allow yourself to get upset over something useless then to actually allow yourself to be happy over life’s blessings. Next time you are happy, take a minute a express your joy, vocalise it the same way you would vocalise your feelings when you are unhappy. There's no better chain reaction than the chain reaction of joy and happiness.
   A few days ago, I got upset over a silly comment that someone had made towards me. The first thought to mind, was anger and negativity. I kept telling myself that I should not let this bother me, but truth be told, it did bother me. But, with a little guidance from the good people around me I realised that I should do the exact opposite of what I was feeling. So what I did,  instead of retaliating, I prayed for this individual. Turns out, praying for people that did bad to you is pretty hard. The way I look at it is, if somebody steals from you it is because they are less fortunate and they need help. If somebody tries to hurt you it is because they are weak and again they need help. If somebody is disrupted and angry again in some way they need help. My point is that when you are blessed acknowledge what you have and pray for those who don't have all that you do, even those who try to hurt you.
   So going back to what I was saying about being grateful and thinking positive. Do you know what my favourite part of the day is? The moment my husband walks in the door, my little one goes nuts, kicking, bouncing in my arms and sporting an ear to ear smile. He is not a Mama’s boy. He is Daddy's little man. The expression on my sons' face is priceless and at that moment, I thank God for all that he has bestowed in me. I look forward to that moment every day of my life! I truly do. I also look forward to the moment my feet touch the ground every morning. We create the world around us. And if you are not looking forward to the day ahead of you, then the day is not looking forward to you. Next time you have a bad day at work or the next time you get in an argument with your spouse or a friend realize that it doesn't matter because you are lucky to have a job, a spouse, or a friend...
 This world is whatever we make of it. Some may say it is heaven. Some may say it is hell. I say it is a GIANT CANVAS and we are the artists, so paint with care and create your own Mona Lisa. Stop sweating the small stuff and thank god for all the good he has given you. Easier said than done, I know. I am still learning how to do this!!!!
  
 .                                         Thanks for reading, xoxo!



  
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your post keep up the good work you're a star !!!

    Hera M.

    ReplyDelete