Friday 5 April 2013

IKEA BABY!

     TGIF readers! Nothing better than a snowy April day! I am sure you agree! At least it is Friday! And I always feel great on Fridays! An indispensable item that I having resting on my coffee table is the Ikea 2013 catalogue. I must leaf through the catalogue and envision items in my home about a few dozens times a week! Now many people have told me that they do not like Ikea's furniture and all I can say is that they lack creativity!!!!! Sorry, but it is the truth. Have you visited www.Ikeahackers.net? If you haven't, I suggest you type on over there after reading my post. You will become obsessed with the site! It is a blog of clever ideas to modify, repurpose and customize your Ikea items. With that said here are my Ikea 2013 pics.

1. Docksta dining table. Whether in a kitchen or in an office you cannot go wrong with this table. The tulip base has never gone out of style and for 229$, how can you go wrong?

2. Malm console. This piece is awesome. Put it in your bedroom, in your office, in your living room, etc. Add some books, vases and a candle or two and you are styling. You can go beyond that, and add some furniture tacks or gold leaf and make it unique (89.99)
3. Rens sheepskin. We should all have ten of these in our home! lol! Makes any chair, floor, or bed look better! (39.99)

 
4.Besta. Mount this on the wall and you cannot go wrong. Use it as a sideboard, as a storage unit in your living room or even your bedroom. Add some handles and you have instantly brightened up your space
 
5.  Patterned pillows and striped throws. Any living room will look good with these pieces, I need to get me some of these!

6. Vittsjo. Now these are my favorite!!!!! At 50$, you buy 2 and place them side by side. They look great. I would spray paint them gold.

7. Textiles. At 5.99 a meter, you can upholster anything. I just love the dalmation inspired printed one. My husband hates. He needs some more convincing!
8. Barometer, floor lamp (69.99). Industrial items are back in! So head on over to get yours today!
 
So, that was my top 8 indispensable Ikea items. Have a great weekend everyone, thanks for reading
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment