Wednesday 20 March 2013

the BIG move!

            Good morning readers!!!!!! Hoping you all had a fantastic evening last night. I know i did. I watched New Girl. For those of you who do not watch it, I suggest you do. It is, by far, one of the funniest shows out there!!!!!! Trust me!
            Today, I would love to give you a glimpse of what happened around here on the weekend. Well, it all began Saturday morning when I asked my husband what he would like to get done this weekend. Naturally, I am thinking a thousand things like painting a wall, maybe putting up a molding, moving some furniture, etc. Naturally, he is thinking Playstation. And I was right, because a few minutes later, all I can hear is: "EA Sports, it's in the game", followed by the song "Broken Bones".  For those of you who do not know what I am talking about, that is what you hear before playing NHL 2013 on PS3! So, not much got done Saturday. But, my husband did not disappoint. We got something big done! Something that I have been wanting to do for quite some time now! We moved the dining room into the living room and the living room into the dining room!!!!! WHY??? Well, when we got the keys to the house, we were in the middle of renos, furniture shopping, wedding plans, etc. So many things getting done all at once. So, I made plenty of "house mistakes." I thought, let's put the dining room in the most spacious room, with the cathedral ceiling. The problem, we used the dining room about 6 times, 3 of which were poker games!!!!!! Impracticality at its best!!!!! Anyways, to make a long story short, something had to get done. And, it did! We moved the furniture from one room to another! So here are a few pics of before. Pls excuse the mess, i assure you my house is not messy...

                                          
                                                            And here are the afters...



                                                            

      So, on Monday,  as I sat in my new living room, all I can think of is how much I hated it!!!! What was I thinking!!!!! I once had a nice dining room and a functional living room. Everything is a disaster!!!!!! How am I going to tell my husband!!!!!
     I then call my friend to tell her this. She assures me that it will look better once the paintings and mirrors go up. So, I began setting up. And, she was right! Thank goodness!!!!!

                               
The paintings are not done and the vases are empty but I love it. So, for now, I am forced to sit on my couch and face that wall. I pretend like the other walls do not exist!!!!!!! Hopefully, more will get done this weekend!!!!!! For now, the living room is really growing on me!
  
                                    Thanks for reading, xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment